How Live Partition Mobility (LPM) works in LPAR2RRD
- There are 4 additional "LPM" graphs for each lpars which has been anyhow migrated (LPM/off-line) in the past (daily/weekly/monthly/yearly) and its complete CPU history on all servers where it has been running
- Each LPM graph shows CPU utilization of a particular lpar in given time period. Servers where the lpar has been running are differentiating by colors.
- Historical reports are LPM aware
- Once the lpar is moved, then it immediately (next lpar2rrd run) disappears from the source system (before it took 10 days)
- LPAR2RRD initially graphs all past LPM actions which are found in your LPAR2RRD data history. It means you get graphed all LPM actions since LPAR2RRD has started data collection
- LPM functionality does not support trend graphs and export to CSV so far
LPM functionality is not freely available. It is provided only to customers under support.
Example of historical report for lpar aix1 and 3 servers where it has been running in January