3.20It contains those major enhancements:
- Custom groups You can group arbitrary lpars or CPU pools together and then get on 2 clicks required graphs. It is already running on Live demo site.
- Favourites You can define your favourite graphs (lpars or pools) and then you can easilly find them under new "Favourites" menu. This also already running on Live demo site.
- Alerting. It allows you define alerts based on CPU utilization of lpars or CPU pools.
Another changes and enhancements:
- lpar aggregated and 'total cpu per HMC" graphs have been extended about MAX column to better identified peeks
- all graphs are now created with "slope-mode" rrdtool function
- real time fix, for IVM/SDMC fixed download time range from 86400 to 1440 minutes
- repaired Excel export of aggregated graphs "ERROR: Attempting to reuse 'utiltotu0' at ... "
- implemented CPW benchmark (iSeries based benchmark) for CPU workload estimator
- changed directory structure of lpar2rrd home
Knows issues which might appear after 3.20 upgrade.
Please check bellow before going to support. Apologize for inconvenience.
Does not work CPU pool alerting due to a bug in update_cfg_alert.sh. Download and replace scripts/update_cfg_alert.sh.
Remove etc/alert.cfg if you have already created it and create it once more via new script: "$ scripts/update_cfg_alert.sh"
If you have any problem then at first look at etc/lpar2rd.cfg if SSH directive has a space between "ssh" and "-q" : SSH="ssh -q"
Best is remove "-q" from there.
Update or install process fails for creating favourites, alerts and custom group cfg files.
Run failed cmds manually.
Note that for alerting use this script scripts/update_cfg_alert.sh as is explained above.
Physical and Logical configuration web page is completely blank
Solution is clearing browser cache/restart browser/press shift during reload or all together.
There has been found a bug in alerting, fix it manualy before is released 3.21 where it will be fixed.
Just go to LPAR2RRD home dir and copy&pasted text started with "ed " and ended "EOF"
$ cd $LPAR2RRD_HOME$ $ ed bin/alrt.pl << EOF 284s/managedname/managedname_prev/g w q EOF